- You must be a Texas resident with a valid Texas Operators license
- You will need a medical card (DOT physical)
- A fee of $61.00 will be paid at the driver license office
The following computer based tests must be passed at the driver license office.
- Texas Commercial Rules
- CDL General Knowledge
- Combination Vehicle (For Class A)
- Air Brake
- Any applicable endorsement exams.
After completion of the written tests you will be required to take a road test.
Your road test will include the following
- You will supply a vehicle of the same class as your license test
- This vehicle must have the following documents for the truck & trailer
- Current insurance
- Current registration
- Current vehicle inspection report
- The vehicle will be subjected to a safety inspection by the examiner prior to your test.
- You will perform the Pre-Trip Inspection for the examiner
- You will perform a straight line back, a parallel park & an offset back.
- You will drive with the examiner for your skills test.